5.14.2012

Spicy Jam Cookies



The opportunity to make these cookies can be none, or that I just want to eat some cookies with something else, something moist and tasteful.

Or perhaps, to celebrate an occasion, that can be no occasion for you, but valuable to me, which is my 4 years* in the same company. Of course, these weren´t  years of relaxation, I changed area and position with bigger responsibilities, in an excellent team and I didn´t loose the desire to improve. That's something, right?






But bringing something to the office involves thinking that is easy to grasp, without staining, and likes the most.
Obviously, I have to keep things interesting, I can not do anything that is not my label.
And my label in this case comes from the spices, make some interesting jam cookies. If you want something more common, I´ll tell you "Go to the machine with some coins".

These cookies have a buttery-spiced flavor that can desperate in the wait, because my satisfaction guarantee in these case is that you must leave the dough to rest, at least for 2 hours. And to come out excellent, from one day to another.

The filling should be a good jelly, good. No low calories.
The flavor I´ll leave to your choice, like orange, plum, raspberry, etc.
It will not affect the guarantee that I give you.







Spicy Jam Cookies
Pastry flour 300 g
Common sugar 100 g
Baking soda 1/4 tsp
Ground ginger 1/4 tsp
Ground cinnamon 1/2 tsp
Pinch nutmeg
Pinch salt
Unsalted butter 100 g
Egg yolk 1
Milk 4 tbsp (75 g)
Preferred jam 100 g

Yield 80 cookies, or less if you make them thicker.

- Mix in a bowl, sifted flour, sugar, spices, salt, baking soda and cold butter. Make a sand with the fingertips
- In a separate bowl, mix the yolk with the milk and add it to the previous mixture
- Mix together and press the mixture until it is homogenized, without kneading
- Keep in refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap, for 2 hours to 24 hours
- Remove from the cold and press until the dough does not crumble, and stays together
- Roll out with rolling pin on floured counter just until you have 6-7 mm
- Cut small squares of 2.5 x 2.5 cm, and put into greased and floured oven pan
- Mark the little well with your finger, the back of a wooden spoon or similar (I used the back of the potato smasher)
- Fill with a small amount of jam, a quarter of teaspoon
- Carry to a preheated oven at 180°C and bake for 10 minutes, or until the bottom is slightly brown
- Cool and store in airtight container






* It is also to celebrate, because I was never so long in a company ...

2 comments:

  1. These look so pretty as little square bites. I love the spice additions to the basic buttery dough. And with 80 cookies it's perfect for a crowd at the office.. or in my case I will make them for our Christmas cookie swap ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They´re perfect for the swap :) They´re tender and can last many days if kept in an airtight container.
      Many thanks Kate!!!


      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...