Yogurt? How boring! But for me it´s not, I don´t get tired of doing it, it´s really easy, ready in 5 minutes, is very rich, cheap and also low calorie. But, always a but, you have to be patient, you need 1 day to see results.
Milk low fat 2 lt
1 vanilla yogurt (200 g)
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
Sweetener 9 small bags
Large saucepan with lid
Towels or blankets
- Check the pan that has to be very clean, and preferably, a pan in good conditions, without scratches.
- Put the milk in saucepan and heat it
- Stir with a spatula, while heated, and check with the baking thermometer until 41°C, this should take 5' approximately. * If no thermometer have to try a little milk on the edge of the lower lip and it should feel as the body temperature.
- When it reaches the temperature, turn off the heat and add the yogurt and stir it well.
- Cover the pan and place in a quiet place and cover it with either blankets or towels. You must maintain a warm place for 24 hours.
- The next day you can add the vanilla essence and sweetener and mix it well.
- Put in airtight container and store in refrigerator.
- And that's it! 2 liters of yogurt super easy to make.
When you are running out of yogurt, repeat the process with the remaining yogurt. This process can be repeated several times. I´ve done this so far the three times.
* The thermometer is very useful not to go in the temperature of the milk, you could use a medical, obviously very clean, as we don´t need to measure up to 41 ° C. Preferably, you should use a kitchen one.
Here is another recipe, a very smooth cheesecake, with the bitterness of the cookies, and a little lemon flavor as opposed to the softness of the homemade yogurt. If you prefer, you can skip the lemon, and instead, put some fruit, red fruit jam, or some of them broken cookies.
Yogurt, lemon and Oreo Cheesecake
Oreo cookies, 1 package (100 g)
Butter 1 / 2 tsp
2 cups vanilla yogurt (or 2 pots of 200 g)
Eggs 2 units
170 g sugar (2 / 3 cup)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
Ingredients lemon curd (optional)
Lemon juice 100 cc
170 g butter
130 g sugar
Lemon curd procedure
- Mix the eggs with the sugar and then add lemon juice
- Keep in metal bowl in Bain Marie bath (and if you are a risky person, in direct fire)stirring constantly, until it reaches to 80-82°C. You´re going to realize that it´s thicker.
- Remove and let cool slightly, it must be at about 60°C, to add the butter until it blends thoroughly.
- Can be stored in sterilized jars in the refrigerator, and it will last for a few months.
- Grind the cookies with process until finely.
- Add the melted butter and mix
- Put it on the base of a cake pan of 20 cm in diameter, and flatten with a spoon.
- Mix the sugar and starch
- Mix eggs and sugar with a whisk
- Add salt and yogurt and mix well.
- Pour into pan.
- Put in preheated oven at 180°C for 35 minutes
- Remove it and put in the fridge when it gets room temperature
- Before removing from the mold, cover with the lemon curd in a small layer (if you really like the lemon can put more)
- Remove the cake from pan and keep it in the refrigerator until dessert time.
As you can see, the base was not perfect, when cooking it moved a little bit, but it is also tempting, right?