10.22.2011

Pear, ginger & cardamom jam



One thing that I brought for me from Villa General Belgrano was a jar of pear marmalade, and when it was out, I went for my own.


As I'm always looking for new ideas, new flavors and combinations of them, I like to use spices to change a bit the flavors, or, sometimes, herbs and dried fruits to give a new dimension to sweet tastes. I admit that sometimes I get bored quickly, but seeing the positive side, I have a curious and adventurous spiritBut enough about me.


The pears are still good looking at grocery stores and the truth that I did not exploit them much this year.

So, enough said, I made this pear 
and spices jam, from scratch, no recipe (incredible for my chemistry brain) that was incredibly delicious.


Pear jam, cardamom and ginger

Ingredients
Pears 1 kg
700 g sugar
Whole cardamom seeds 6
Ground ginger 1 / 2 tsp

Procedure
- Peel the pears, cut into pieces and place in a big pan.
- With a piece of cloth, canvas type, make a bag of shells and the centers of the pears.
- Add to the pan the sugar, cardamom seeds, ginger and bag of shells.
- Cook until thickened, about 1 / 2 hour, testing 
density with a spoonful on a cool plate. 
- Pour while hot in sterilized jars, put the lid on and turn upside down.
- When opening the jar, keep it in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...