It is like a souffle, and magic (or baking), the demolding seems that we had worked twice, making a cake and lemon cream.
Lemon and orange mini cakes
Ingredients (6-8 servings)
35 g butter
40 g + 75 g sugar
140 g flour
Milk 150 cc
8 ceramic molds of 8 cm in diameter and 3 high**
- Butter the inside of molds and cover with sugar
- Preheat oven to 165 ° C. Prepare a baking dish and hot water to make a water bath
- Beat the butter cream with 40 g of sugar for two minutes
- Incorporate the egg yolks one at a time
- Add the grated lemon and orange
- Incorporate the flour with a spatula
- Add milk little by little, it seems the preparation splits
- Add the lemon juice and jiuce from half orange, should be 80 g of total juice and mix.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and then slowly incorporate the remaining sugar. Continue beating
- Mix the two preparations slowly, with big moves.
- Put into molds almost up to the edge
- Put in baking dish and add water to half height of the ramekins
- Bake until toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool and unmold turning them upside down (they come out easily, don´t be afraid!)
- You can decorate with cream, candied orange skins, chocolate shavings, etc.
From now on this is one of my favorite recipes, is easy to do, almost as if we do magic.
* I prepared this in individual molds, because I think in a larger pan it won´t cook well
** As seen in the photo, I didn´t have enough ramekins and I made the rest of the dough in cups.
Check that the molds can be used in the oven.