What is a remake? Doing it again? Or it´s more like to do the cumble in a new, easier and lighter way?
Do we need to change what is already good? Maybe not, but why not try and decide which we prefer.
I really like this because it´s really quick to make, and with a good crunch.
And the fruit? Anyone you like and is in season!
Here yo have two options: cinnamon-apple and berries
100 g flour
100 g rolled oats
100 g common sugar
Salt 1 / 2 tsp
Ground cinnamon 1 / 2 tsp
Ground ginger 1 / 2 tsp
Corn oil 80 ml (1 / 3 cup or 90 g)
Apples 1.5 kg
200 g common sugar
Juice of 1 / 2 lemon
- Peel, cut into pieces and cook the apples along with 200 g of sugar and lemon juice. Icook in the microwave for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or if you like the crisp applecan leave you without cooking.
- Place the apples in a pan that can go in the oven
- Prepare the crumble by mixing flour, sugar, oatmeal, salt, spices and then add the oil.Mix well until it is all wet by the oil
- Place over the apples and bring to 180 ° C oven until the crumble is golden and apples are the consistency you like.
- To eat they can cool slightly and eat ice cream, cream or alone.
This is how it looks the crumble before cooking
This recipe is quite versatile, the fruit can be the one you like best, pears, peaches, plums, berries, bananas. With the banana, the crumble can be cooked aside, on a baking sheet with foil on top, then assemble the dessert in a glass.
To the crumble, you may also add chopped nuts, raisins or change the spices, etcetera.
The crumble may be freezed if we prepared too much or if we have leftovers, or as I said before, just cook it and eat it with ice cream, as an example.
With the red fruits I put the frozen fruit in a cup, with a little bit of sugar and crumble on top, and cook in oven at 180°C until it bubbles from the sides, like a syrup.