Crunchy, buttery. With lots of chocolate and almond bites. Because of the cooking method, they became light and airy, not that they´re low fat and low sugar.
You have to try this.
Very Chocolatly Almond Cookies
Butter 125 g
Common sugar 150 g
Muscovado or brown sugar 50 g
Egg yolk 1
Baking soda 1/2 tsp
Baking powder 1 tsp
Flour 150 g
Chocolate 150 g
Almonds 100 g
Yield 28 cookies of 6 cm diameter.
- Preheat oven to 150°C (or as low as you can)
- Beat the butter and sugars until they became whiter
- Add the egg yolk and incorporate
- Process or chopp the almonds to a medium size, not powder. Chop the chocolate to the size of almonds
- Mix the almonds with chocolate, flour and other dry ingredients
- Add the last to the batter and mix
- Form balls of the size of a walnut, with a pastry bag or by hand (I did it by hand because there were few cookies)
- Place on a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cook for 25-30 '(until you see golden brown on the sides and slightly above)
- In case of doubling the quantity of dough, use one egg, there´s no need of using only yolks.
- Do not substitute brown sugar for common sugar, because they don´t rise like they have to. It´s a thing between the pH and the rising powders.
- Do not substitute baking soda for the same reason.
- The rest can be changed: the almonds for other dried fruit, some of the flour for bitter cocoa, bittersweet chocolate by another chocolate, add spices and what comes to mind.
Please, do tell me how they are if you make them!