Have a little of something and don´t know where to use it?
I had a small size cup of passion fruit pulp, and wanted to use it but it needed to be a good thing, not just something.
This muffins are great, fast and full of flavour. But if you don´t have passion fruit, never mind, use any other pulp or juice from the pantry or fridge. It needs to be something with a lot of flavour. I wouldn´t use pear juice for example.
Perhaps you can combine some fruits and vegetables, like peaches and mango. Raspberries and carrot. Avocado and lemon. Tomato and orange. Have I gone crazy?
Put 100-120 grams of the chosen fruit juice, or pulp.
Maybe I´m mad, but try it and tell me.
Also, the muffins have little butter, for those with cholesterol problems.
And what about the surprise? A teaspoon of berry jam
Passion Fruit and Orange Muffins with a filling
Sugar 210 g
Oil (unflavoured, like corn) 70 g
Flour 280 g
Baking powder 3/4 tsp
Orange 1 (juice 60 g and the zest)
Passion fruit 1 (50 g from the pulp)
Jam, the one that makes you happy
Yields 10 medium-big muffins
- Mix the egg with the sugar and salt, only mix, no need to whip. Add zest
- Add the melted butter and oil
- Mix dry ingredients, add to the other mixture and add the juices
- Fill muffin tin, halfway, put a teaspoon of jam in the center and fill with a spoonful of dough
- Carry to a preheated oven at 180°C. The time of baking depends on the size and filling, so after 10 minutes in the oven, check them and when they look like are done, browned on top, until a cake tester inserted comes out clean.