These are my favorite cookies, I think they are the first I learned to do as a kid. These cookies, recently renamed "avenitas" (avena is oatmeal in spanish) are so good that they do not last very long when out of the oven. Delicious when warm, with the melted chocolate chips.It´s not a crunchy cookie, but comes apart easily in the mouth. And there are excellent to sink into a chocolate milk.
Chocolate and Oatmeal Soft Cookie
Common sugar 150 g
Butter 150 g
Vanilla essence 1 tsp
Whole purpose flour 175 g
Rolled oats 90 g
Baking powder 1 tsp
Bittersweet chocolate 100 g
- Beat softened butter with sugar.
- Add the egg, yolk and essence and keep beating
- In another bowl mix flour, oats, salt and baking powder
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces or you can use chocolate chips instead
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Incorporate everything. Then add the chocolate and mix well to distribute the chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease two baking sheets, or use waxed paper
- With two spoons, take pieces of dough and put on the pan. The cookies I made are half teaspoon.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until the bottoms are a little brown, but not to much
- Cool and remove from the plate.
Makes about 80 cookies
The above picture is an attempt to show the amount of dough. They are not big cookies, rather small.
The important thing is to make equal size cookies, so they bake at the same time.
I hope you try this. I´m sure you´ll love them as much as I do!