Brownie Chocotorta (or Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Brownie)
This is not just one more brownie recipe. But as a dessert. Or a cake. I don´t know well.
It's just a bite and that the mind is lost in all the flavours and textures. I do not exaggerate.
To start, I think this is the best brownie. There are many recipes and ways to prepare. I do not like the ones aireated and crunchy, I´m more a soft fudge brownie person, I am quite fundamentalist about this. It has to be chocolatey, dense, moist, easily falls apart.
Only with the brownie recipe and you will understand me.
But the addition of coffee and a dulce de leche (milk caramel) cheescake and I think achiving something awesome (don´t ask me objectivity).
This dessert-cake-brownie dense, flavorful and the filling gives the brownie more humidity.
This was a gift for my broyfriend in the occasion of our three years living together. I join two things he like the most in a single dessert, and he loved it. I think he wants to continue more years by my side.
The Best Brownie
260 g bittersweet chocolate
225 g butter
400 g sugar
160 g flour
Finely ground coffee 1 1/2 tbsp (15 g)
Vanilla Essence 1/2 tsp
- Melt the chocolate and leave aside
- Beat soft butter and sugar together
- Add the chocolate and mix
- Add the egg and essence and mix well
- Add the sifted flour and coffee and mix until homogeneous (try it and see if you like the amount of coffee)
- Prepare a square baking pan of 25 cm, buttered and floured
- Prepare the filling
300 g sour cream
Dulce de leche 200 g
1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Mix the sour cream with the dulce de leche, break any lump with the spoon
- Then add the egg and starch, mix well until the starch dissapears
- Put in pan 3/4 of the brownie dough and spread, reaching well to the edges, so the liquid filling doesn´t drain to the bottom
- Put the filling and spread evenly
- Place the remaining brownie in spoons to make a marble
- Carry to a preheated oven at 180°C for 45 minutes or until edges are firm and center is just barely moving
- After removing from the oven and it cools down, take it to the fridge and then cut in squares the size you prefer with a knife soak in warm water
The brownie recipe can be reduced to three eggs (just do the maths) or maybe make it in a larger pan and it will be thinner squares and more easy to eat them. Or just cut them in smaller squares.
This is a big cake, almost overwhelming.