Did ever happened to you that wanted to do a recipe and say, "condensed milk" and it wasn´t available or a little expensive?
This is the solution to that: do it at home.
It is a complete solution, equal to the original.
Homemade sweetened condensed milk
Water 1/3 cup (80 g)
Common sugar 2/3 cup (170 g)
Whole milk powder 1 cup (100 g)
Butter 3 tbsp (60 g)
- Measure the sugar, salt and butter, and place in container of blender, food processor or mini blender
- Boil water, measure the amount indicated and add to container, stirring until sugar dissolves and butter melts
- Add powdered milk and mix
- Process for a few minutes
- Keep in airtight container in refrigerator
- Like any basic recipe, hygiene care, if we want to keep the preparation for a period of time
- You can save, if that is possible, for 5 days
I have several outstanding recipes to make with condensed milk, and will come several postings that include it, so write this down and test it, to be ready for the next recipe!