This is a recipe I started doing on Christmas, and I did a lot. In fact, I have some slices in the freezer that I like to eat a bit warm with my tea.
It´s more like a coffee cake than a bread, and it´s very easy to do. It does not take more than 10 minutes if you have all the ingredients on hand.
I prepared in a very cute little silicone molds, but it can be baked in any coffee cake mold, cake mold or a muffin tin.
If you want them to last some days. keep them in a close container. But if they dry, soak them in your coffee, cold milk or tea, it´s also delicious.
Butter 60 gr
Sugar 160 gr (1/ 2 cup)
Cream cheese (also cream or yogurt) 1 tbsp
Milk 4 tbsp
Honey 1 tbsp
Flour 220 gr
Baking soda 1 /2 tsp
Mixture of spices to taste (3/4 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp ground ginger , 1/4 tsp nutmeg)
Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- Prepare the baking molds buttering and flouring them (if they are not silicone)
- In a small saucepan put butter, sugar, cream cheese, milk, honey and melt over low heat until all melts. Remove from heat and allow to cool a bit
- Mix in a bowl the flour, spices, baking soda and salt
- Add to the dry the melted ingredients and the egg. Mix until all is incorporated
- Pour into the molds and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
If you want them to last longer, these can be covered with glacing or melted chocolate.