These are unlikely to be Valentine's cookies, but for mine, they are. When, my boyfriend and I, weren´t living together, I usually gave him a container of cookies, and he ate them, happily, on his way back home.
Now, he still is my boyfriend, but we live under the same roof, he always claims the container with cookies.
I don´t celebrate V day, but I thought of him and made something I knew he was going to like. I joined to things he loves: chocolate and prunes.
And he loved it, hardly left some.
The chocolate melts and is not re-harden, and plum is smooth.
Chocolate and prune crescent cookies
Pastry flour 125 g
Baking powder 1/4 tbsp
Common sugar 50 g
Cold butter 75 g
Vanilla esence 1/2 tbsp
Egg yolk 1
- Mix with fingertips butter with flour, sugar and baking powder until it forms a sand
- Add the yolk and essence, mix with a spatula, spoon or your hands to integrate. Do not knead, just squeeze the mixture until homogenous
- Keep in the refrigerator covered with a bag or film, for an hour. To shorten time, you can use the freezer
Prunes 60 g
Chocolate 80 g
Brown sugar, to sprinkle
Yield 80 cookies
- With the pie dough, stretch on a floured board, 3 mm
- Cut discs of 5 cm in diameter and put into greased and floured plate, take to the fridge
- Cut the plums into cubes or small dices- Chop the chocolate tiny
- Fill the disc with some plum and chocolate- Paint the rim with a little water and close like a pie. Careful sealing edge
- Repeat until end
- If the dough warms up while working, they take a few minutes in the fridge- Preheat oven to 180 ° C, oven at medium temperature
- Painting with water and sprinkle brown sugar or with above. Take for 5 minutes in the fridge- Cook for 8 minutes, or until golden based cookies
* If the plums are somewhat dry, hydrate them in hot water, a few minutes, and so become more creamy.
* You can do twice the dough, and keep the rest in the freezer. Instead of 1 egg yolk, put 1 egg. Or you can make the dough as given and keep half and use the rest to make these cookies.
Have a lovely day!!!